Monday, May 19, 2008

Chronicles #1

To Keep you Updated on the Events in the Holmes Household

Emma is now four and loves to tell stories and this newsletter will try to keep you up to date on her funniest new creations. William is just about 2 1/2 and gives the Tasmanian Devil a run for his money. We will try to give you a little taste of their antics each month.This is a story about Emma that happened a few months back. Emma loves to pretend to be different animals. That particular day she was being a lion, therefore I was “Mama Lion”. Papa & Grandma Castro had given her a Moose puppet from their trip to Alaska. She had the puppet laying on a large tupperware lid as though it was on a platter and she turned to me and said, “Mama Lion, let’s eat the moose! You take off the onklers and we can eat it.”

In February Emma was watching her National Geographic kids video on the ocean and she said to me, “Let’s go to the beach and pet a whale. I can say “WHALE” and maybe they can hear me”.
We were driving home from a primary activity a few weeks ago and I turned on some music as we were driving home and Emma commented, “Mama, I like this music, it makes my toes wiggle”.

Tonight, Burton trimmed Emma’s fingernails and afterwards we went on a family walk. Outside the waxing crescent moon was a tiny sliver in the sky and Emma said, “The moon looks like a nail”.

William can now get into the fridge and freezer quite successfully and every 30 minutes or so he gets out another Gogurt and points emphatically at the scissors saying, “More, more”.
William is so quick that we decided for his safety and our sanity that we would get him a child harness. When I first brought it home he refused to let me put it on but Emma wanted to wear it. William walked her like a dog on a leash and thought it was hilarious. As soon as Emma took it off, he wanted it on. Then Emma walked him around the lawn. We went on a very successful walk in our neighborhood after that. I could keep him from running up to every door on our street and ringing the doorbell. Of course half way through the walk he got down on his knees and started to crawl and mewed like a cat. 

No comments: