Monday, May 19, 2008

Chronicles #2

William is quite funny when he is watching a video. If he finds something scary he will slide out of his chair, walk about 6 feet back to give himself some distance from the frightening scene, all the time still watching. After the scary scene is over he slips back into his chair.
Burton was about to leave for a bike ride and Emma asked him,”Daddy do you have your phone? Watch out for BIG bugs! If you see any call me. Call Tracy, Emma & William. I will come and take care of them”. And again yesterday as he was leaving for work Emma said, “watch out for bugs, lions and bears”!
Something else that has somehow become a tradition with Emma before anyone leaves the house is,”I want to tell you a secret”. She will then say out loud “It’s about brother” or some other subject. She then proceeds to lean forward and whispers loudly in your ear, “tell you a secret” but then she grabs your face and turns you the other way so she can once again say, “tell you a secret” in the other ear. She never tells us what the secret is, but that’s OK.
William’s speech is getting a little clearer and here are a few of my favorites: “Burrdda” for bird pronounced just like Bambi, “Ge Be Fiii” for give me five, “Peas” for please said very softly, and “Tanktwo” for thank you.
William likes to help me with the laundry by putting the wet clothes into the dryer. With every handful I give him he says, “Tanktwo” and then he gladly stuffs them into the dryer. It just makes me smile thinking about him saying, “Tanktwo, tanktwo”.
We had just arrived home from our 2 hour drive back from Grandma’s house and I asked Emma if she had to go potty. She responded, “No Mommy, I’m not dancing”.
Emma & William were staying the night at Grandma & Papa’s house. Emma woke up with a nightmare and Papa came & laid down with her. It wasn’t long before Papa had fallen asleep and Emma woke him back up and told him, “Papa your snoring is hurting my ears”.

No comments: