Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chronicles #4



Emma has discovered the velcro capacity of green bean leaves.

As the trashman is dumping our garbage cans Emma yells, "Thank you garbage man! Thank you for taking the stinky diapers!"

We have trained Emma well. We appreciate that some people are pet people but we realized a long time back that we are not. After we played with our neighbors darling puppy Emma said, "I want a puppy just like that, when I have a house of my own".

Emma's morning farewell to Burton, "Watch out for dogs that whistle and wild aminals".

This morning I couldn't help but laugh even though it was 5:45 am. William comes bouncing into our room "Mommy, mommy geeup geeeup (get up)". He runs over the bed grabs my hand and pulls "come-on". Then he adds his Japanese sounding gibberish in prolific waves to try and hurry me up.

William does nothing calmly. He has this amazing way of getting off the couch. He stands up, kicks his feet out from under him, bounces on his bum and lands on his feet on the floor.

We always know something is up with William when we hear his maniacal giggling. If he is that happy it usually involves something messy. Yesterday I let the kids eat their dinner out on the porch and from inside I hear that laugh accompanied by Emma's shrill "STOP IT". I look out to see William chucking hand fulls of rice at his sister. Much better than last time we heard that laugh; He was gleefully dunking his head in a public toilet.

See the video below to experience some of that giggling.

2 comments:

moiety said...

LOL the toilet the toilet . . . What did you do? Where were you guys? LOL

Tracy said...

Well, the Will Man bolted from Burton at the park (yes he's an escape artist too) and Burton was frantically searching for him when he heard the laugh...
I scrubbed him vigorously, shampooed his hair about 4 times and hoped that whatever he was exposed too will just make his immune system stronger. Eeeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!